Stephanie Brown | Women’s Elite Mile
1500m PR: 4:07.55
Mile PR: 4:29.06
5 Things About Me: Stephanie Brown
- I recently started sharing all my recipes (they are mostly breakfast/brunch) on Instagram, you can check it out on @chefpurps.
- Purple is my nickname because I made a joke by writing my middle name as Purple on FB when I was a freshman in college, as well as dying my hair purple. So I was/am still Stephanie Purple Brown. They currently announce me as that at USATF meets.
- I am really awesome at a game called Rocket Roll. I made 107 Plutos in a row with my eyes closed.
- I was born in Normal, Illinois and raised up in Downs, Illinois. Big town, my graduating class was 77 kids, and we were all together since kindergarten.
- My tan is real.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Blake Lively or Ashley Tisdale, they are the only two actresses that I’ve heard I look like.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Ha, well I recently discovered a paper & drawing I did in 1st grade about this. I wanted to be a grocery store checkout lady. I had big goals.
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? Depends on the time of year and how long post-run. But I usually crave carbonation and plums/peaches/apricots/apples, Beer, Pepsi, Sonic Cherry Limeade… etc.
- What was your AIM screenname? brownie7xc
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? “Bad To The Bone” by George Thorogood.
Listen to an interview with Stephanie on Episode 6 of the Summer of Miles podcast