Stephanie Garcia | Women’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: New Balance
1500m PR: 4:04.63
Mile PR: 4:24.68
5 Things About Me: Steph Garcia
- I was a walk-on to the cross-country and track teams at UVA and somehow managed to make it to the NCAA Outdoor T&F Championships as a true freshman in the steeple.
- My favorite snack: eating crunchy peanut butter and cherry preserves with a spoon. No unnecessary carbs and peak laziness!
- My on-the-road hobby is knitting– let me know if you want me to whip you up a hat or scarf!
- I met my boyfriend through his persistent Instagram DMs, so dream big kids– anything is possible when it comes to love.
- My one party trick: headstands. I can bust one out any time, any place.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? I’m a huge college basketball nerd, so I’ll say One Shining Podcast with Titus & Tate.
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? Pre-run: rice cake with PB&J and banana slices; post-run: a citrus smoothie packed with kale, hemp protein, and mango and OJ!
- If you completed in another sport, what would it be? I grew up dreaming of being a ballerina.
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) Orange or Fruit Punch, yum!
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? As a proud UVA Cavalier, my connection is beating Duke & UNC in Men’s Basketball… I’m also the 2015 Sir Walter Miler Champ!