Abbey Cooper | Women’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: New Balance
Mile PR: 4:28.31
5 Things About Me: Abbey Cooper
- Growing up, I used to regularly race-walk with my Mom as cross training
- I played violin in middle school and cried during every lesson because I couldn’t handle constructive criticism
- My pre-race music preference is usually more mellow than pump-up… one of my favorite pre-warm up songs is “Oceans” by Hillsong
- I have 5 nieces and nephews named Chaylee, River, Ruby, Conrad, and Cora.
- I don’t think I’ve gone a single day without eating peanut butter … in many years.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite cereal? Honey bunches of oats
- What makes a good running partner? A deep conversationalist
- What’s your favorite post run beverage? Xendurance protein
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? In college, we did our spring break training trip to Raleigh 3 out of 4 years I was there. I love love Umstead and the Tobacco Trail. And now my husband and I live in Boone, NC!
- If it wasn’t for running, I’d probably be… A therapist of some sort.