Robby Andrews (Pacer) | Men’s Elite Mile
College: University of Virginia
Mile PR: 3:53.16
5 Things About Me: Robby Andrews
- 2015 Sir Walter Miler Champion in 3:57 over high school rival Kyle Merber, who beat me in the 2008 Millrose Games Mile at Madison Square Garden that was televised on ESPN. Revenge is best served in Raleigh.
- I have paced dozens of 1500m races, but this will be the first mile that I pace, and hopefully it’s a sub-4!
- I have two cats: Cuff and Link. The first person to come up to me and say what movie inspired their names will be awarded my race bib (signed).
- My fiancé, Josette Norris, is entered in the women’s race and will look to break 4:30 for the mile for the first time at the age of 25. I first broke 4:30 when I was 15.
- My dad, Bob has a mile PR of 4:02 while running for Westchester Puma. My mom, Mary, has a mile PR of 5:02 from Moore Catholic in Staten Island. My sister, Kristin Fitzgerald, has a mile PR of 4:42 and won the open division of Sir Walter Miler in 2018. Kristin’s husband, Drew Fitzgerald, was a 7′ high jumper at Bucknell University where his mile potential is still unknown.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? The Office, Parks and Rec, and Binging with Babish (on YouTube)
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? Adidas Adizero Boston 10
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Raising Cane’s / Five Guys
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Grandparents, Aunt and Uncle live in Pinehurst NC.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… Tesla sponsored any athlete who runs a Top-10 All-Time mark in their event.