Vince Ciattei | Men’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: NIKE Oregon Track Club Elite
College: Virginia Teach
Mile PR: 3:57.63
5 Things About Me: Vince Ciattei
- I eat basically the same thing for breakfast every day, the same thing for lunch every day, and could easily eat tacos for dinner every day.
- I paced this race in 2019 and was more nervous for pacing than almost any actual race.
- I have identical twin sisters Julia and Anna. As a young child, Anna always held a plastic orange and that was the only way for most people to tell them apart.
- My brother Christian is currently in Germany. I visited Europe once: my 3 race results were DFL 1500, DNF 800 and DNF 1500. Good times.
- The most recent book I’ve read is The Summer I Turned Pretty.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service) or Podcast queue? This is a classic but if you haven’t already seen Narcos (or Narcos Mexico), watch it. Less well-known suggestion (maybe): The Bodyguard
- What’s your favorite training shoe right now (or ever)? Right now Pegasus 38. All-time Nike Zoom Elite 6.
- If you have to go fast food, what’s your go-to? Chick-Fil-A. There aren’t any in Eugene, which overall is probably a good thing for me.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Not directly. Many of my former NJNYTC teammates are Wolfpackers and often made me an honorary member of the group! I also have lots of fond memories racing the Raleigh Relays in college.
- The sport of Track & Field would be more exciting (or better) if… It had a betting culture (i.e. horse racing or UFC) associated with it.