Annie St. Geme Beck | Women’s Elite Mile
Annie St. Geme Beck has been there, and is now back again. Once a prep phenom with a famous mom; Beck is breaking through again and has a personal best of 4:38.60 to her name. She’ll come from the west coast to the east in search of fast times and PBBT (see below).
Coach: Dena Evans
Club: Strava Track Club
5 Things About Me: Annie St. Geme Beck
- After a successful high school career (PBs of 2:10 for 800, 4:39 for 1600m and 10:18 for 3200m), I was recruited to Stanford University. I graduated in 2010 with degrees in Psychology and Communication, along with two entire years of athletic eligibility and, in turn, zero athletic accomplishments to my name. After several years away from the sport, I decided to give running a go again. Spring of 2014 was my first competitive season since 2006.
- I’ve worked as a management consultant, retail brand marketer and, most recently, a Project Manager for my alma mater. I moonlight as a blogger and interior designer.
- I was raised in Southern California, but have called the San Francisco Bay Area home for the past ten years. I live in SF with my husband, Garrett, and our five-month-old Rhodesian Ridgeback, Delilah, and train and work at Stanford.
- I am the oldest of six kids. My mom, Ceci Hopp St. Geme, was a former NCAA standout at Stanford, pro runner for ASICS, USA 5K Champion and competitive Masters runner. She inspired me to lace up my spikes again.
- I eat PB and banana toast every. single. day.