Meet the 2015 Competitors: Kyle Graves
Kyle Graves | Men’s Elite Mile | Team NC
Kyle can kick. How fast you say? At this years NCAA 1500 meter final, he clocked the fastest final 400 of anyone in the race; a scintillating 51.92 seconds. He’s run 4:00 in the mile, but will look to channel that speed to dip under four for the first time on August 7th, all while wearing the beautiful North Carolina flag shorts.
Coach: Brad Hunt
Sponsor: Runner’s Hype
5 Things About Me: Kyle Graves
- I’ve been running track and cross country since I was 6 years old. I realized at a young age that I couldn’t jump, throw, or sprint so I focused on distance.
- I didn’t break 60 seconds in the 400m until I was 17 years old. 6 years later I hope to repeat that 4 times in a row. My current mile PR is 4:00.39 from June 2014.
- I originally attended University of Maryland, until the cross country and track teams were cut my sophomore year. I transferred to Wake Forest to finish out my eligibility. I am currently in the process of earning a DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) degree from the University of Miami.
- Earned 1st Team All-American honors by finishing 6th in the 1500m at NCAA’s this past outdoor season.
- My favorite pre-long run snack is 2 Boston Kreme donuts and an iced coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts.
Learn more about Kyle at: Eat with the Pros | VIP Experience | Run with the Pros
One thought on “Meet the 2015 Competitors: Kyle Graves”
Pingback: Press Release: Steph Garcia leads three under 4:30 at 2015 Sir Walter Miler