Welcome to race day!
Please peruse and pass along the notes below. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to reply ASAP and add pertinent information here as it becomes available. And if you missed it, here’s a link to the mp3 of Sandy’s interview with Joe Ovies on 99.9 The Fan ESPN Radio last night, promoting the event.
- Don’t drive, take Uber! Free $20 credit with code SIRWALTERMILER Uber-pool with friends and pay nothing for the evening!
- Raleigh Brewing Company – parking will be limited here, so if you want a spot, come around 6pm (or earlier)
Meredith – Front Grass – The Hillsborough Street entry will have parking by the track. Once again, these spots will fill early. Meredith Security will help you park.This will now be blocked off due to mud.
- Meredith College – Faircloth Street lot (Campus Map) – If you don’t mind walking a little, the Faircloth lot is a great option.
- The event is rain or shine. As long as there is no lightning, we will run!
- Right now, there’s a 50% chance of showers with temps around 70. You can watch the weather here.
- Where some light rain may postpone a “ball” game, this can be beneficial to runners, especially with the low temps. Your best bet is to stop by Great Outdoor Provision Co. this afternoon and equip yourself with some rain gear, just in case.
- 7:30pm Pre-Party at Raleigh Brewing Company (Braden & Brother performing, $3 Sub 4 ABV Challenge Pints outside, Food Trucks: Hanu Truck, Big Johns Wings & Things, Not Just Icing)
- 9:15pm Great Outdoor Provision Co. “Raleigh’s Finest Mile” at the Meredith College Track (click the hyperlinks to learn about the fields)
- Special Announcement from Meredith College
- 9:50pm Post-Party back at Raleigh Brewing Company (Meet your favorite runners/beers/friends!)
4. Track Etiquette
- NO ALCOHOL is allowed at the Meredith Track (that’s for the pre and post party, if you’re 21)
- No spectators will be allowed on the track for the “Raleigh’s Finest Mile”
- We WILL ALLOW people on to the track for the Womens Sub 4.5 and the Mens Sub 4 Challenge
- If you are on the track, please stand outside of lane 4
- No pets, strollers, or unattended children will be allowed on the track/infield
- If you are on the infield, please stay 3 feet from the inside of the track. Do not encroach the runners. DO NOT TAKE A “race selfie”
- Be cautious of the finish line. You will not be able to stand near there due to timing issues.
- We will have 2 porta potties by the track. Please refrain from using the fieldhouse bathrooms, as they are for the athletes.
- Have fun! Take pictures and videos! Hashtag #SirWalterMiler and #NBRowdy to Win a pair of New Balance Running shoes
- NCRunners will be on hand to shoot photos and interviews. We’ll also have a race video crew, as well as a documentation. You’ve been warned!
- We will have your Kickstarter Rewards available at Raleigh Brewing Company
- We will have tech shirts, tank tops, pint glasses and coffee mugs for sale as well. Bring cash!
- No cash, you’ll be able to Paypal your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org on the spot. We accept donations too, as we have gone over budget to bring you this event!
- Enjoy the night! You’re witnessing history!
6. Saturday Morning – Run with the Pros at Umstead, Elliptigo demo
- Come “Run with the Pros” you saw racing tonight!
- Bobby Mack will lead a group run from Umstead Park (Harrison Ave entrance – exit 287 off of I-40)
- Run starts at 7:30am. RSVP here
- Elliptigo will be on hand for demos as well! They’ll provide coffee and bagels!
- All paces welcome. We’ll start down Loblolly and take it from there!