As we approach what would have been Race Day for the 7th Annual Sir Walter Miler weekend, we wanted to update everyone that the 2020 event has been postponed from our typical First Friday in August (8/7/2020) to Friday, August 28th, and will only be held under certain circumstances.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will NOT allow spectators at this year’s event. The event will be closed to the public, with live streaming available. The event will only be held if North Carolina moves into Phase 3 by August 7th, 2020. If that does not happen, the 2020 event will be cancelled, and we will look forward to 2021.
As the most fan friendly event in Track & Field, we will miss everyone this year, but hope we can provide a racing opportunity to the incredible athletes that visit Raleigh every year. We are adhering to all USATF sanctioning guidelines, with the goal of putting on an event that will be safe for athletes, officials, and the Sir Walter Miler staff alike.
Should we move forward to Phase 3 by August 7th, we will be announcing competing athletes and live streaming information shortly thereafter.
Thank you for supporting Sir Walter Running!
2020 (Virtual) Summer of Miles
- Pop Up Miles – Week 1 – Tuesday, June 2 – The Brind’A-MILE (Results)
- Pop Up Miles – Week 2 – Tuesday, June 9 – Planet of the Oaks Mile (Results)
- Pop Up Miles – Week 3 – Tuesday, June 16 – Kimbrough Speed Loop Mile (Results)
- Pop Up Miles – Week 4 – Tuesday, June 23 – Walnut Creek Wolfpack Mile (Results)
- Tour de Walter – Week 1 – June 29 – July 4 – Merry Squirrel 3-Miler (Results)
- Tour de Walter – Week 2 – July 6-11 – Sir Walter Summer Camp 4-Miler (Results)
- Tour de Walter – Week 3 – July 13-18 – Raleigh Run “Thou” (Results)
- Tour de Walter – Week 4 – July 20-25 – Raleigh’s Fastest 4k (RSVP)
- Sir Walter Miler – Friday, August 28 (Tentative)
For more information, sponsorship information, or interview requests, contact Pat Price at firstname.lastname@example.org