Meet the 2022 SWM Athletes: Gabbi Jennings
Gabbi Jennings | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter
Mile PR: 4:32.19
5 Things About Me: Gabbi Jennings
- I was born and raised in Slidell, Louisiana, a suburb right outside of New Orleans. Distance running is hard there, but the vibrant culture makes up for it!
- I attended college at Furman University right down the road, and majored in Communication and Studio Art (emphasis in Graphic Design).
- I currently live in Boulder, Colorado and train with Team Boss. I recently had the biggest result of my life, finishing 4th in the women’s steeple at USA Champs and hitting the world standard.
- Sir Walter Miler was my professional debut last year, and I had so much fun! Easily the most hype I’ve ever been going into a race. The crowd was amazing!
- When I’m not running, I’m probably traveling. I love road tripping and have driven cross country about 7 times in the last couple years.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their podcast queue? I’m a Coffee Club Pod fan
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? My team is very competitive when it comes to beach volleyball! We love playing every Sunday on the off season.
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? I usually just eat some toast and take my vitamins in the morning. Pre-race is slightly different, especially if the race is in the evening. I’ve been on a pre-race Caprese sandwich kick for over a year now.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Many of my teammates from college live in the Raleigh/North Carolina area. One of my college coaches, Logan Roberts, also helps run this meet, so it is a pretty special event for me. Last year, there was a massive crew of Furman people that came out for my pro debut and it was so heartwarming to see all of them.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… One positive change I’ve seen in the sport the last year is the amount of great ranked meets held domestically. Athletes don’t have to spend a ton of money flying overseas to seek good competition. And these ranked meets have also awarded great prize money, which helps enable so many athletes to continue racing later in the season.
Gabbi joins the Summer of Miles podcast!
Learn more about Gabbi at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros