Meet the 2022 SWM Athletes: Sam Prakel
Sam Prakel | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Mile PR: 3:50.94
5 Things About Me: Sam Prakel
- I just got engaged! I first met my fiancée, Katie Landwehr, at a track meet in Letterkenny, Ireland in 2017.
- This is my fourth Sir Walter. My first in 2018 was my first race for adidas and is still my outdoor mile PB (3:54.64).
- I ran collegiately for Oregon and am now a volunteer assistant coach at Washington and train in Seattle under Andy Powell.
- I am from Ohio and had my own day named after me in Darke County on April 7th this year.
- I signed up for this year’s Sir Walter by running into Sandy and Pat in Eugene at the Wild Duck after the USA 1500m final.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service)? I just finished season 5 of Better Call Saul. If you like Breaking Bad you’ll like this.
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? I love watching the Tour de France
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Peanut butter toast with banana
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Sir Walter and all the awesome people I’ve met each year!
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is…Even more great domestic opportunities for U.S. based runners
Learn more about Sam at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros