Jye Edwards | Men’s Elite Mile
College: University of Canberra
Mile PR: 3:49.27
5 Things About Me: Jye Edwards
- I currently live and train in Canberra, Australia under the guidance of Prof. Dick Telford.
- I’ve completed my Bachelor of Sports Science at the University of Canberra, and now run professionally for Adidas since the beginning of this year.
- At the back end of 2017 I underwent insertional Achilles surgery at 19 years of age to fix a torn tendon.
- This will be my second time ever in the US following a family holiday back in 2009, including a visit to Sweet Home Alabama. Very keen to check out some more!
- I’ve been told that I make some very strange noises in my sleep on the regular, as I’ve been informed by my training partner Rorey Hunter.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming queue? If you want a good chuckle – Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David is a comedy king. Other than that, I’m currently watching Suits (late to the party) which I’m really liking.
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? I love watching AFL (Australian Rules Football) and cricket. Fav sporting events include tennis and golf majors, soccer world cup and any darts championships.
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? On race day I love getting stuck into a slab of pancakes in the morning. Pre-run though, you can’t go wrong with a peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich. Delicious.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? None whatsoever. This will be my second time in the US and first time on the East Coast!
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… The evolution of Adidas spikes and supershoes. Pulling up half-decently well in the legs after training and races has never been better.