Helen Schlachtenhaufen | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Mile PR: 4:27.09
5 Things About Me: Helen Schlachtenhaufen
- Although I live and train in Boston now, I grew up outside of Chicago and think the Midwest deserves way more love than it gets.
- I’m currently doing a (somewhat) mediocre job of studying for the MCAT, since my long term plans are to go to medical school. I actually already took it once, right out of college, but have pushed back applying so many times that my score expired :(
- I love art and in my free time enjoy drawing and painting.
- I’m a below average driver and have probably successfully parallel parked like 6 times in my life.
- All 3 of my younger siblings (who do not run) have beaten me in a 100ish meter beach race this summer, bit of a blow to the ego.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming queue? Hulu: What We Do in the Shadows
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Probably soccer or tennis. My family is obsessed with barefoot soccer on vacations and it’s a miracle I haven’t broken a toe.
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? My go-to pre run snack is toast with butter and jam.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My college team would usually go to Raleigh for training over spring break, so I have some fun memories of running/getting lost at Umstead.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… Pay-per-view streaming to make watching races accessible without a subscription and more quality, grass-roots track media and news sources (shout out to Kyle Member’s Lap Count newsletter).