Andy Bayer | Men’s Elite Mile
Mile PR: 3:52.90
5 Things About Me: Andy Bayer
- I retired from running after losing my contract in 2020 and became a software engineer. Last summer I realized I missed running and decided I would give it another go.
- My partner Chelsea and I will celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary this fall! Chelsea will also be running the Chicago Marathon- She has two goals, to raise $2000 for the charity GLASA and to break 3 hours- if you would like to support the adaptive sports charity here is her fundraising page – https://fundraisers.hakuapp.com/chelsea-blanchard
- I have two amazing kids, Christina is 14 and plays the saxophone and runs cross country. Christopher is 11 and loves space, dinosaurs, and taking things apart.
- This year I have been running for the “Character Builders Track Club”- Character Builders was my Dad’s building/carpentry company in the 80’s. It has the most beautiful logo inspired by my Dad’s love for the Grateful Dead (Designed by Fort Wayne Artist Diane Groenert).
- When I re-retire from running I’m looking forward to returning to pick-up soccer – I can’t say I’m the best, but I have hustle!
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals? No crazy rituals… I like to enjoy a coffee about 2 hours before I race.
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? Liverpool F.C.- Mo Salah is my fave. I also love that European soccer is on live in the morning- nothing beats coffee and some football.
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? Just finished Transatlantic on Netflix- I highly recommend!
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? Been loving Big Thief’s new song “Vampire Empire”
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? North Carolina’s finest Ryan Hill and I were teammates in BTC- Nothing beats laughing with Ryan on a run.