Micaela DeGenero | Women’s Elite Mile
College: Michigan / Colorado
Mile PR: 4:33.92
5 Things About Me: Micaela DeGenero
- This is my first year as a pro, running for Puma and training in Boulder, Colorado!
- My grandfather helped run Puma’s textile and apparel department in the 1980’s…I’m proud to be representing the same company 40 years later!
- I was born in Salt Lake City, but grew up in Ohio in a small town called Granville.
- I spent my four years of undergrad at the University of Michigan (I know, I’m a traitor) and then finished my remaining two years of NCAA eligibility at the University of Colorado. Go Blue/’Sko Buffs!
- I once did a New York Times Mini puzzle in 11 seconds (I think this might be my most impressive PB).
5 Fast Questions
- Do you have any superstitions/pre-race rituals?Not really! I like to go out and have a big breakfast the morning before a race, and then just spend the day relaxing.
- What’s your favorite sport (or athlete) to watch, besides running? I love watching the Tour de France every year.
- What’s a show or movie you’ve seen lately that’s worth watching? The Bear on Hulu!
- What’s a song or podcast that’s currently on your playlist? I’ve been enjoying Noah Kahan lately.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My younger brother, Rafi, ran track and cross country for Davidson College in NC. He just graduated this past spring!