Meet the 2016 Competitors: Lauren Johnson
Lauren Johnson | Women’s Elite Mile
Lauren Johnson has quite the story; going from 2:20 in the 800 in high school to the World Team in the 1500 in 2015. She won the Bend Mile last week, and will join us next Friday!
Social Media: Twitter | Instagram
College: Huntington University
Coach: Nick Johnson
Mile PR: 4:33
5 Things About Me: Lauren Johnson
- I grew up showing horses competitively and it is the only sport in which I have won a national championship.
- I started playing basketball when I was 4 years old and played all the way through college. I did not identify as a runner until after college.
- I like to listen to soundtracks/musicals/Disney music because the music tells a story
- I run a lot with my 2 dogs. They even have their own Instagram account, @ravenandluna
- My great-great-grandpa founded Weaver Popcorn.
North Carolina connection?
My first college track race was in North Carolina.
Learn more about Lauren at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros
5 thoughts on “Meet the 2016 Competitors: Lauren Johnson”
Pingback: Press Release: Brannigan, Cliff, Derrick, and McGee added to 2016 Sir Walter Miler fields - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Initial fields announced for 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: 2016 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Johnson, Merber, and Brannigan have record-breaking nights at the 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Sir Walter Miler Athletes and Alumni at the 2019 USATF Outdoor Championships - Sir Walter Miler