Kyle Merber | Men’s Elite Mile
Kyle Merber is likely the only World Record holder that will be on the line August 5th. After his second place finish at the 2015 Sir Walter Miler, he’ll look to take the win next week. He also produces a similar event in September; the Hoka One One Long Island Mile.
5 Things About Me: Kyle Merber
- I once stepped on a piece of glass while I was running that pierced my shoe. I missed my junior year of college eligibility because of it.
- Though I only discovered it a few years ago, my favorite sport to watch is the Irish game of hurling. Check it out on YouTube, trust me! #UpTipp
- My karaoke song of choice is ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ and I always crush it.
- At the end of each track season, my college roommate and I go on a big vacation together since I can ‘be bad’ for those two weeks. We did New Zealand my first year as a pro, then Southeast Asia (HK, Vietnam, Thailand), and this year is Australia.
- Although I was a philosophy major at Columbia University, I regret not studying history, and have since become an amateur New York City historian. I can give a great tour!
North Carolina Connection?
I don’t have a connection to North Carolina, but I can find it on a map and racing here has always been good to me.