Morgan Uceny | Women’s Elite Mile
Morgan Uceny joins us again in this year after a great 2016 campaign, that has seen her run 4:03 in the 1500 twice, and finish fifth at the Olympic Trials final. Morgan also represented Team USA at the 2012 Olympic Games in London!
5 Things About Me: Morgan Uceny
- When I was younger, I worked for my Dad, who was a mason, so I spent summers carrying bricks and mortar. I was working on my tan and my muscles simultaneously.
- I brew my morning cup of joe via espresso machine, french press, percolator, or Chemex!
- I’ve gotten into rock climbing over the last year thanks to my boyfriend being a professional rock climber.
- My favorite country I’ve visited for racing is Switzerland.
- I quit cross country after my Sophomore year of High School because I wanted to focus on basketball.
North Carolina connection?
I never had a connection to North Carolina until I met my boyfriend, Shane Messer, who grew up in Fayetteville, NC. After the race, he is going to give me the locals tour!