Meet the 2016 Competitors: Donnie Cowart
Donnie Cowart | Men’s Elite Mile
Donnie Cowart joins us for the third year in a row! Recently, he finished 8th in the Olympic Trials Final of the 3000 meter Steeplechase. He’ll look to lower his mile PR of 3:58.43 that he set at the 2014 Sir Walter Miler next Friday.
Social Media: Twitter | Instagram | Snapchat
College: VMI (2008)
Coach: Brad Hunt
Mile PR: 3:58.43
5 Things About Me: Donnie Cowart
- When playing red rover when I was young, I would pick two cute girls to run between. I’d intentionally not break through, so I got to hold their hands!
- My Kryptonite is cereal. Any kind. I can’t eat just one bowl. I have to eat a minimum of 3 bowls in one sitting.
- I used to get excited for that big growth spurt everyone told me would happen eventually… And then it never really happened.
- In elementary school, my sister used to outrun me in the mile all the time. But I was a monster at the flexed arm hang!
- I enjoy cooking for myself and others.
North Carolina Connection?
I live and train in Winston-Salem and own a kids running after school program called Crazy Running.
Learn more about Donnie at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros
5 thoughts on “Meet the 2016 Competitors: Donnie Cowart”
Pingback: Press Release: Brannigan, Cliff, Derrick, and McGee added to 2016 Sir Walter Miler fields - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Initial fields announced for 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: 2016 Sir Walter Miler Event and Race Day Information - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Johnson, Merber, and Brannigan have record-breaking nights at the 2016 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Sir Walter Miler Athletes and Alumni at the 2019 USATF Outdoor Championships - Sir Walter Miler