Donnie Cowart | Men’s Elite Mile
Donnie Cowart joins us for the third year in a row! Recently, he finished 8th in the Olympic Trials Final of the 3000 meter Steeplechase. He’ll look to lower his mile PR of 3:58.43 that he set at the 2014 Sir Walter Miler next Friday.
5 Things About Me: Donnie Cowart
- When playing red rover when I was young, I would pick two cute girls to run between. I’d intentionally not break through, so I got to hold their hands!
- My Kryptonite is cereal. Any kind. I can’t eat just one bowl. I have to eat a minimum of 3 bowls in one sitting.
- I used to get excited for that big growth spurt everyone told me would happen eventually… And then it never really happened.
- In elementary school, my sister used to outrun me in the mile all the time. But I was a monster at the flexed arm hang!
- I enjoy cooking for myself and others.
North Carolina Connection?
I live and train in Winston-Salem and own a kids running after school program called Crazy Running.