Amanda Eccleston | Women’s Elite Mile
Club / Sponsor: True Blue Elite / Brooks
1500m PR: 4:03.25
Mile PR: 4:25.64
5 Things About Me: Amanda Eccleston
- My husband and I bought our first house this spring in Ann Arbor.
- When I was little I had pet turtles that I found in our backyard. Their names were Speedy and Gonzales.
- I have a huge sweet tooth. I once ate two pints of Ben and Jerry’s in one sitting (this was before I started being serious about running and my diet 🙂
- My favorite store is Staples. I absolutely love having planners and organizing schedules, but I’m surprisingly messy around the house.
- My go-to pre-race dinner is steak and potatoes.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Amy Adams- and yes, primarily because she has red hair
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger, and I used to line up my stuffed animals on the floor for “school.”
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? Cocoa Elite Recovery protein
- What was your AIM screenname? I never had an AIM screen name! Does that mean I was a nerd?
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? “Girl on Fire” by Alicia Keys