Trevor Dunbar | Men’s Elite Mile
1500m PR: 3:37.98
Mile PR: 3:55.54
5 Things About Me: Trevor Dunbar
- I grew up in Kodiak, which is on an island in the Gulf of Alaska. My regards for the slow reply, I’ve been on island time my whole life.
- On September 16th, I’ll be hosting a “Pop Up” Mile of my own on Kodiak Island. So Sir Walter is a de facto recruiting trip for me. We’ll be attempting to break North Carolinian Jack Bolas’ Alaskan soil record of 3:58.30.
- I’ve run 4:13.0 in the Kilted Mile and the Scottish Highlander Games. Which, to the best of my knowledge, is a World Record.
- Apart from Running, I’m an avid sports fan. I enjoy Golfing, the NBA, and everything Oregon Ducks.
- My Grandparents grew up just outside of Goldsboro, NC. I have many relatives in the Raleigh metro area, and have visited here several summers growing up. This state holds a special place in my heart and I’m thrilled to be a part of the event.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Zac Efron
- What did you want to be when you grew up? NBA player
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? Coconut Water
- What was your AIM screenname? Never did it.
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? “Baba O’Riley” by The Who