Andrew Dusing | Men’s Elite Mile
College: Miami (Ohio)
1500m PR: 3:40.99
Mile PR: 4:02.90
5 Things About Me: Andrew Dusing
- In 8th grade, when I tried out for track, I wanted to be a sprinter because all the cute girls were sprinters.
- When I’m not running, you can find me listening to 90’s Rock Music, the Bill Simmons Podcast, or watching the Bucks & Packers (Wisco Pride).
- My favorite thing to do while running is playing “The movie game” (Name a movie, then actor in that movie, then new movie that actor is also in, then new actor in that new movie, etc. (Example: Moneyball, Jonah Hill, Zombieland, Emma Stone, etc).
- My training partners this summer have been my younger brother, who hasn’t run competitively in a year, or my girlfriend on her bicycle.
- Recently graduated from Miami (OH) with a degree in Finance and currently work and train in warm Cleveland, Ohio.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Ashton Kutcher
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor or an NBA player, and a dad.
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? Nature Valley chocolate and peanut butter protein bar and chocolate milk.
- What was your AIM screenname? iRunFast83
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? “Semi Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind
Check out Andrew’s interview on the Summer of Miles podcast after breaking 4!