Sara Sutherland | Women’s Elite Mile
College: University of Colorado, Boulder / University of Texas, Austin
1500m PR: 4:06.43
Mile PR: 4:40.07
5 Things About Me: Sara Sutherland
- My first sport was competitive diving. I was not good at it, and I’m thankful there is no “TFRRS” equivalent for divers.
- I love to read, and I am always on the lookout for new recommendations. If anyone has any, send them my way! Or if you like to talk about books, we should talk about books! Currently I am really digging Dave Eggers.
- One summer I traveled to rural Panama alone for several weeks. I made friends, got lost innumerable times, and it was awesome.
- My family has been in Texas for 8 generations. For some perspective, that dates back to before Texas was Texas!
- When I was getting to know my boyfriend Riley, we texted exclusively in Harry Potter related puns for 3 days.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? 1990’s era Meg Ryan
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Haha, I was ambitious: whale trainer/ undercover cop/ Olympic figure skater.
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? Chocolate milk!
- What was your AIM screenname? yoitssara52
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? “The Middle” by Jimmy Eat World… so good! 🙂