Drew Piazza | Men’s Elite Mile
College: Virginia Tech
1500m PR: 3:40.62
5 things About Me: Drew Piazza
- I once broke my pinky catching a Nerf football – the finger is still slightly deformed.
- I transferred from the University of New Hampshire to Virginia Tech after my junior year.
- I was the slowest and most out of shape person on my soccer team freshman year – was told I was “slow as s**t” by my coach.
- My nickname in 8th grade and all throughout highschool was “Butters” – the South Park character. No good reason for it, a kid decided to call me that one day and for some reason it stuck with everyone.
- I threw a no hitter during 3 innings pitching at my 5th grade All-Star Baseball game and it’s honestly one of my proudest sports moments to this day.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Zach Braff
- What did you want to be when you grew up? MLS Soccer Player
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? Chocolate Milk
- What was your AIM screenname? drewdrew01
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? “Enter Sandman” by Metallica
Check out Drew’s interview on the Summer of Miles podcast after breaking 4!
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/337388432″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]