Joe Stilin | Men’s Elite Mile
Sponsor / Club: Reebok / ZAP Fitness
1500m PR: 3:39.42
Mile PR: 3:58.66
5 Things About Me: Joe Stilin
- I live and train full time over in Blowing Rock, North Carolina with my team, Reebok / Zap Fitness.
- I once started a brushfire by crashing my autonomous airplane senior project into a field. Clearly the autonomous part didn’t work. Don’t worry, I stomped the fire out with my (now ruined) shoes.
- I am a slightly above average beat boxer, so I have that to fall back on.
- In terms of lifetime miles, I have run the equivalent of 6.35 times around the moon (at its equator).
- My team mates call me JoeTron.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Charlie Sheen, based solely on looks
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be an engineer. I haven’t gotten around to it yet, except for the school part, but then again I haven’t grown up, so I haven’t failed yet.
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? If it was a good race: beer. If it was a bad race: beer. If in Belgium: Frites and Doner Kebab. If in the US: burger.
- What was your AIM screenname? sk8er4306 Yes, I was a super cool skater kid in middle school.
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC.