Lauren Johnson | Women’s Elite Mile
Sponsor / Club: BAA / Adidas
1500m PR: 4:05.88
Mile PR: 4:25.04
5 Things About Me: Lauren Johnson
- I joined the Boston Athletic Association elite team in April of this year.
- I have 9 scars on my legs and 1 on my hand from getting spiked during races.
- For most of the scars, I remember who gave each one to me. I’m not going to give names but 4 are from the same person!
- My wallet was stolen on a train platform in Belgium this year. Classic traveler pick pocket scheme.
- I wear sunglasses a lot when I train and race, even sometimes when it’s cloudy or overcast, because I get headaches from the brightness and glare of the sun.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? I don’t know who I would want to play me. If the movie is about running though I would definitely want someone who runs well. I get annoyed when running movies are made with actors who can’t even run. It makes our sport look very un-athletic.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a veterinarian.
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? After a long run on a hot summer day I always want orange juice.
- What was your AIM screenname? I didn’t use AIM.
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? “300 Violin Orchestra” by Jorge Quintero.