Meet the 2017 Competitors: Tripp Hurt
Tripp Hurt | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Club: Team Run Eugene
1500m PR: 3:45.47
Mile PR: 4:00.41
5 Things About Me: Tripp Hurt
- I’m was born with one kidney. I didn’t find out until I was 19 and in college.
- I lived in Raleigh in the summer of 2014. I worked with the National Science Foundation and N.C. State on a class of metals known as High-Entropy Alloys. I was named the best name in elite running by Runner’s World the same summer and made my first NCAA meet right as I started my internship.
- I moved cross-country in 2015 with only the belongings I could fit into my girlfriend’s Prius.
- I am moving to Boulder, Colorado, this month to begin my Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering.
- I want to visit all 58 of the national parks. I have currently been to 10, but I plan on hitting 4 more during the next month.
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Haley Joel Osment. I used to get asked all the time if I was the kid from Sixth Sense when I was younger.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A professional baseball player.
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? A blue Icee and a bag of Swedish Fish. I once ate a 2lb bag of Swedish Fish in 24 hours in college.
- What was your AIM screenname? Never had AIM, just a Myspace.
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? Something by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. “Running Down A Dream” seems appropriate.
Learn more about Tripp at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros | Sir Walter “Extra” Miler
3 thoughts on “Meet the 2017 Competitors: Tripp Hurt”
Pingback: Press Release: Final fields and new incentives set for 2017 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Press Release: Third time is the charm for Eccleston, and Hunter outkicks Engels at the 2017 Sir Walter Miler - Sir Walter Miler
Pingback: Sir Walter Miler Athletes and Alumni at the 2019 USATF Outdoor Championships - Sir Walter Miler