Emily Lipari | Women’s Elite Mile
Emily Lipari has been a National Champion in the mile at the high school and collegiate level; now she’s taking aim at the pros. She’s currently training with fellow Sir Walter Miler competitor, Morgan Uceny, and the rest of the BAA High Performance squad with her sights set on Rio.
Coach: Terrence Mahon
Club: Boston Athletic Association
5 Things About Me: Emily Lipari
- I am from Long Island New York (Roslyn)! And my family owns a boat, so when I was a kid we used to do overnight trips to Block Island and Montauk. We slept in the little cabin in the boat.
- Every year since before I was born. my family has gone to Lake George the last week in July. The whole extended family too (mom and dads side), to make it a large family reunion in the Adirondacks.
- I have 10 cousins and all of them are boys. I also have one brother which makes me the only girl in my family. So I was spoiled rotten by the grandparents on both sides.
- I have only been out of country once, which was last year for my first time racing the European circuit.
- When I was 12, my family took a trip to Salt Lake City, Utah, and while snowboarding, I got run over by a skier! I dislocated my shoulder and when bad weather is coming, I can feel a tingle in the joints!