Jack Bolas | Men’s Elite Mile | Team NC
Jack Bolas is a North Carolinian through and through, but he was also the first man to ever run a sub four minute mile in the State of Alaska. He returns to NC to defend the home turf that he once ruled in the mid aughts. He’s run 3:53.5 on the road, but August 7th should provide opportunity to run even faster on the track.
Coach: Frank Gagliano
Club: New Jersey*New York Track Club
5 Things About Me: Jack Bolas
- I grew up just down the road in Chapel Hill and raced Sandy (Roberts) all through high school!
- I graduated college from the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- But still, I’m a die-hard UNC basketball fan
- Outside of running, I tutor high school math and science
- I’ve never figured out how to ski, skate, surf, skateboard or perform any activity that requires balance. So… running it is