Steph Garcia | Women’s Elite Mile
Steph Garcia has had a great year. She has the World Standard in the 1500 meters, the 5000 meters, and her primary event, the 3000 meter Steeplechase. Just last month in Eugene, she qualified for her second World Championship team. She will compete for Team USA in Beijing in late August at the IAAF World Championships. Why not stop by the 2015 Sir Walter Miler and improve on her personal best of 4:31.26 in the process?
Coach: Robert Gary
Sponsor: New Balance
Club: Furman Elite
5 Things About Me: Steph Garcia
- I’m a Double Hoo from the University of Virginia– WAHOOWAH!
- My favorite post-run snack is avocado toast topped with a fried egg, salmon, and cheddar cheese.
- My favorite spot for a long run is around Lake Summit in Tuxedo, North Carolina.
- I’m a major magazine hoarder and subscribe to: Vanity Fair, Vogue, GQ, Bon Appetit, and Martha Stewart Living.
- I’m a runner today ONLY because I missed the sign up for cheerleading camp Freshman year of high school, so I went out for cross-country instead… I’m still not sure if I missed my true calling…