Craig Engels | Men’s Elite Mile
College: Ole Miss
Club / Sponsor: Nike Running / Nike Oregon Project
1500m PR: 3:35.95
Mile PR: 4:01.19
5 Things About Me: Craig Engels
- I have never had a cup of coffee in my life.
- I bought an RV when I was 19 off of Craigslist and intended on living in it for the rest of my duration at North Carolina State.
- My dream job would be acting if I were not uncomfortable in front of cameras. I still fully intend on pursuing acting at some point in my life.
- I plan on hosting a celebrity boxing show one day. My first 2 clients would be Trump and Obama (or Hillary).
- After this race I am shaving the mullet and mustache for a fundraiser and giving the proceeds to two charities. I will also donate $1000 of the prize money if I win. (More on that here)
5 Fast Questions
- What actor would play the movie version of you? Easy answer. Jim Carrey. He is absurd, and I reckon’ I am as well.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I was so ADHD as a kid that my dream job changed daily, if not hourly. I do know that I wanted to be a professional athlete; at first a soccer player, then a golfer, then a wakeboarder.
- Favorite post-run drink or snack? You can not go wrong with some hot, fresh, Krispy Kreme doughnuts… unless you are trying to be healthy.
- What was your AIM screenname? soccerboy6154 and I dated oreo12381
- If you had a “walk up” song as you approached the starting line, what would it be? I feel obligated to pick the most American song possible being that I have a mullet and mustache. So, I would choose “Home of the Red, White, and Blue” by Toby Keith, “Simple Man” by Lynryd Skynyrd, OR “God’s Gonna Cut You Down” by Johnny Cash.
Listen to Craig’s recent interview on the Summer of Miles podcast: (starting around 10:05)
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/332735651#t=10:05″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]