Henry Dwyer | Men’s Elite Mile
1500m PR: 3:44.62
Mile PR: 4:02.73
5 Things About Me: Henry Dwyer
- I used to be really into Marine Biology and I loved Sea turtles. I once saved 60 baby sea turtles who were getting attacked by fire ants in their nest.
- I love to cook, especially Italian and Asian meals.
- I currently work at a brewery in Athens (Creature Comforts) and I’m studying to become a level one sommelier.
- I have a Bernese Mountain dog named Guinness, the name was influenced by a recent trip to Ireland.
- When I was 14 I was on a baseball team where I was nicknamed “The Magnet” because I was the only lefty in the league and would get hit by pitches all the time.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? My favorite podcast is MarketSnacks Daily
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? My favorite meal after a long run or race is a burger and a pint of Guinness (Yes I am a big Guinness fan).
- If you completed in another sport, what would it be? I love basketball almost as much as running, for a long time I was JJ Redick’s #1 fan.
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) I’m old school, I really like Lemon-Lime.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My dad and my grandfather both went to Duke. My dad used to take me to Duke Basketball games in Durham every year for my birthday.