Amanda Eccleston | Women’s Elite Mile
College: Michigan / Hillsdale
1500m PR: 4:03.25
Mile PR: 4:25.64
5 Things About Me: Amanda Eccleston
- This is my 4th year in a row running the Sir Walter Miler.
- I love reading and usually try to read for an hour before bed every night. My favorite genres are fantasy/science fiction.
- My husband and I have the same 5k PR (15:26). He also recently competed in a 10-person, 280-mile relay race over three days in northern Michigan.
- My favorite candy is Reeses. Chocolate and peanut butter is hands down the best combination ever.
- If I could have any job in the world, it would be exactly what I’m doing right now, being a professional runner.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? Fav Pandora station is Bastille/Imagine Dragons
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? Homemade smoothies after a run with bananas, Cocoa Elite, milk, and almond butter
- If you completed in another sport, what would it be? I always loved soccer (but I’ve never been very good at it).
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) Cool Blue
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I lived in the Outer Banks one summer in college.