Lauren Johnson | Women’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: adidas / BAA
1500m PR: 4:04.17
Mile PR: 4:25.04
5 Things About Me: Lauren Johnson
- I grew up on a horse farm in Indiana.
- I have 2 dogs, a 9 yr old black lab named Raven and a 10 month old American Eskimo puppy named Hala.
- My older brother is also a runner. He runs marathons. I tease him that my goal is to break all his track PR’s before I retire (up to 3K that is).
- My favorite altitude location for training is Colorado Springs. The winter is pretty mild and the spring and summer are beautiful.
- Speed workouts are my favorite. Give me something fast on the track any day over a tempo or long run.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? I have never actually listened to a Podcast and don’t listen to Pandora much.
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? Orange Juice post run on a hot summer day.
- If you completed in another sport, what would it be? Basketball, definitely. I played 18 years starting at 4 years old and going all the way through college.
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) Fruit Punch or Green Apple
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Nope, other than running the Sir Walter Miler.