Lopez Lomong | Men’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: Nike / Bowerman Track Club
College: Northern Arizona
1500m PR: 3:32.20
Mile PR: 3:51.21
5 Things About Me: Lopez Lomong
- I have 10 brothers and 1 sister – six brothers are part of my adopted family and and four brothers and one sister are part of my biological family.
- I speak four languages – Buya (a tribal language in South Sudan), Kiswahili, English, and a little bit of Arabic
- I have a book called “Running for my Life”
- My two youngest brothers are going to college at Northern Arizona University (my alma mater) and Ohio State
- I got married in 2014 to my wife, Brittany. She lives in Japan and is getting ready for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics!!
5 Fast Questions
- What’s your favorite podcast or Pandora Station? This American Life
- What’s your favorite pre-run or post-run snack? Peanut Butter sandwich and banana
- If you competed in another sport, what would it be? Rugby
- What is your favorite flavor of Gatorade? (Now, or growing up) The light blue one (Note: Glacial Freeze)
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My college coach, Coach Hayes, moved to NC and now coaches at Wake Forest. My teammate Ryan Hill is a Raleigh boy!