Blake Williams | Men’s Elite Mile
Blake Williams has been a longtime staple in Triangle distance running. It’s no surprise that he secured his spot in the 2016 Sir Walter Miler by winning the Pop Up Miles Championship in June. He’ll be looking for a PR next Friday against a stacked field!
5 Things About Me: Blake Williams
- I’m the head coach of a summer league swim team which beat a team coached by a world champion. Therefore, I’m a swimming world champion.
- I’m a beer aficionado or really just a beer snob. I love trying new craft beers from all over and I will trade for good stuff from other regions.
- My pre-race is a double decker pb&j sandwich and it always has been.
- I have a bad habit of binge watching tv series.
- I’ve always wanted to race the Hawaiian Ironman, even though I’ve never done a triathlon or run a marathon.
North Carolina connection?
I was born in Canada, but my family moved to North Carolina when I was still a baby. I was raised in Durham and ran for UNC Chapel Hill for a year before transferring to Texas. North Carolina is the greatest state!