Brandon Hudgins | Men’s Elite Mile
Brandon Hudgins story is unlike any other, but the past year has been an exciting one. From breaking 4:00 at the 2015 Sir Walter Miler, to running a 3:38 at the Furman Elite 1500, to qualifying for the 2016 Olympic Trials (and making it to the semifinal), things are moving in the right direction.
5 Things About Me: Brandon Hudgins
- When I was 20 years old, I was diagnosed with a rare disease called Granulomatosis with Polyangitis, that has caused me to miss 4 years of training in my 20’s. As far as I know, I’m the only person with the disease to ever break 4 minutes in the mile and qualify for the Olympic Trials in Track and Field.
- I broke 4 minutes in the mile for the first time at Sir Walter in 2015 in front of countless friends and family.
- Even at 29, I am still a sucker for anything Star Wars.
- I have no self control around pizza or chocolate. If it’s in the room, I’m a goner.
- After Sir Walter in 2015, I got thrown out of the after, after party at Fox for having too much fun (apparently).
North Carolina connection?
I currently live and train in Boone, NC, where I have been since 2013. I grew up in Football town, USA aka Rock Hill, SC.