Shannon Osika | Women’s Elite Mile
Shannon Osika enters the professional scene this year after a strong 4th place finish at the NCAA 1500m final, and her first trip to the Olympic Trials. She’ll look to dip under the 4:30 barrier for the first time!
5 Things About Me: Shannon Osika
- I was a dancer for 15 years (ages 3-18). I took jazz, tap, and ballet. I like to hit up the dance floors around Ann Arbor and get my groove on.
- My parents both ran track at Eastern Michigan and qualified for the 1988 Olympic Trials in the 1500. I have yet to beat my moms 800 meter PR.
- My current coach, Mike McGuire, also coached my dad while at Eastern Michigan.
- I highly enjoy hot yoga. I take vinyasa classes whenever I can. My favorite pose is dancing shiva. I also frequently find myself in child’s pose.
- I really love sweet potato fries. My favorite place to get them is at at restaurant in Eugene Oregon near Hayward field called Agate Alley Bistro, the dipping sauce is AMAZING.
North Carolina connection?
I don’t have any big connections to NC, but my first time visiting was for high school outdoor track nationals in Greensboro, and have been a few more times for college meets, regionals one year, and a couple times for Raleigh Relays. It’s a beautiful state!