Aisha Praught-Leer | Women’s Elite Mile
Sponsor: Puma, Camelbak
College: Illinois State
Mile PR: 4:26.14
5 Things About Me: Aisha Praught-Leer
- I have the cutest dog of all professional runners and this is not up for debate. His name is Leuven and he’s a chocolate lab mix.
- I serve on the World Athletics Athletes Commission providing input and advocacy for athletes around the world.
- My favorite food is eggs.
- As a kid I earned a black belt in karate, was a pogo stick enthusiast and avid collector of Pokemon cards. I was prettyyyyy cool.
- My husband, Will Leer, and I are the second fastest married couple of combined mile time in the world (I think).
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix (or any streaming service)? Hulu, Only Murders in the Building
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Cycling!
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? English muffin with pb and honey
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I like Emily Pritt a lot.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… More US racing opportunities!
Aisha joins the Summer of Miles podcast!