Alec Basten | Men’s Elite Mile
Mile PR: 4:03.36
5 Things About Me: Alec Basten
- In high school, I played football in the fall until my senior year when I switched to cross country after a successful track season and some gentle nudging from coaches.
- I begin Physical Therapy school 5 days
after Sir Walter Miler this year.
- I have never been skiing before (cross country or downhill)
- At one point in time, I could walk on my hands, but I haven’t tried in a while, so idk anymore…
- I have never run under 4 minutes in the mile
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix or podcast queue? Netflix – Community,
Podcast – Ten Percent Happier with Dan Harris
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Tour de France
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Pancake in a cup
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My first time in Raliegh was this year when I opened up my season at Raleigh Relays
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… People seriously investing in how we can generate excitement about track and field to improve the sport moving forward.