Emily Richards | Women’s Elite Mile
College: Ohio Northern
Mile PR: 4:33.70
5 Things About Me: Emily Richards
- The only high school track record I have is the 100m dash (I was a sprinter until college)
- I’ve been vegetarian since 2019. I have a food IG account that I’m sometimes active on called @in_the_kitch_with_e_rich
- I write stories for the D3 running podcast @D3GloryDays (check us out on Instagram and Twitter!)
- I gave the valedictorian commencement speech at my high school graduation.
- I have two cats, Matcha and Pepper.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their podcast queue? D3 Glory Days (You can learn more about me in Episode 4).
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Uh…croquet?
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Anything with peanut butter.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I have lots of teammates from NJNY who went to NC State, a few college teammates who live in Raleigh, and I frequent the Raleigh Relays.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… better media coverage. I’ve loved what CITIUS has done in terms of pro track & field coverage. It’s provided great exposure for the sport, amplified athletes’ stories, and diversified who is creating track and field media.