Christina Aragon | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Mile PR: 4:34.76
5 Things About Me: Christina Aragon
- I did competitive gymnastics for 14 years and only stopped when I left for college. My favorite event was the uneven bars and I competed at Level 10 in my last year.
- My favorite place in the U.S. is Jackson Lake in WY, just outside of Jackson Hole. The Grand Teton mountains shoot up right behind the Lake and it is the perfect place for all of the fun summer outdoor activities. My family and I spend a week there every year.
- I am a big advocate for female (and all!) athletes to be running in healthy, developed, well-fueled bodies and am always open to chat about self-image, maintaining balance in the sport, and trusting one’s body!
- My dream year post-running would be to move to a Spanish-speaking country and teach English as a second language (ESL).
- My favorite running memory is anchoring Stanford’s indoor DMR to an extremely narrow second place finish (hats off to U of O) my sophomore year. Am I still salty we didn’t quite get the dub? A little. But was it exhilarating? Most definitely.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming queue? Stranger Things Season 4
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Gymnastics, Hockey, Figure Skating
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? GF toast with PB… Boring I know, but it works for this sensitive tummy
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Boy do I…
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… More conversations around common struggles with body image, amenorrhea, & disordered eating–> more people talking about how to properly take care of your body while running! Woohoo!