Dan Michalski | Men’s Elite Mile
Mile PR: 4:00.02
5 Things About Me: Dan Michalski
- I’m a husband and dad with another on the way. Wife Abby, 19-mo daughter Daley Joy, 2yo pup Buddy Boy, and Baby #2 coming this December.
- I started running track my senior year of high school. Thought I was going to be a decathlete, but caught the bug for the mile and eventually the steeplechase.
- If I could be a pro in any other sport, my best chances would be as a disc golfer. Got hooked in 2020 and in 2021 I played more scored rounds than 99% of the world.
- I go through sriracha like water and I feel it on my runs…pun intended.
- I like to quote Seinfeld, but usually have to explain the whole scene which makes it way less funny.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming and/or podcast queue? Netflix: Seinfeld, any true-crime docu series, Blacklist, and Grey’s Anatomy is the most recent go-to. Podcasts: Let’s Run Track Talk and COFFEE CLUB.
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Disc Golf
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Before a workout: Half of a protein bar, half of a pack of fruit snacks, watered-down Advocare Spark, and Run Gum.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Wife and I both have family in the Greensboro area and we spent part of our honeymoon in Candler and Beech Mountain.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… More podcasts than ever to get to know your favorite athletes.