Meet the 2022 SWM Athletes: Maddie Strandemo
Maddie Strandemo | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram | Twitter | Strava
Sponsor: Oiselle / Little Wing
Mile PR: 4:31.83
5 Things About Me: Maddie Strandemo
- This is my first time racing the Sir Walter Miler and I am gunning to break 4:30 on the track! LFG!!
- My main event on the track is the 3000m steeplechase but I love racing 1500s and miles.
- I live and train in Minneapolis and am originally “from” Minnesota, but I always feel like a fraud saying that because I actually grew up mostly abroad.
- Because of that,^ I speak Chinese (however I’m very rusty).
- I work for Target HQ in Minneapolis.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their podcast queue? I’ve been into the Huberman Lab podcast lately. The official tagline is “discusses science and science-based tools for everyday life,” which I think sums it up. There are some pretty interesting topics.
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Basketball – I played basketball in high school and now just live vicariously through my younger brother’s varsity games.
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Picky Bars Trail Mix Fix oatmeal
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Errr sorta. My Dad went to Wake Forest for law school, so he lived in the Raleigh area for a few years.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… More openness from athletes about injury, setbacks, and imperfect training.
Learn more about Maddie at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros