Hannah Steelman | Women’s Elite Mile
College: Wofford, NC State
Mile PR: 4:43.14
5 Things About Me: Hannah Steelman
- I was born in Raleigh over at UNC Rex Hospital, although I never actually lived here
growing up – our family lived in Durham until I was 4 years old. So transferring to NC
State from Wofford College two years ago was a full-circle moment for me.
- Aside from North Carolina, I spent some time living in each Texas, South Carolina,
Indiana, and Maine.
- I currently have a two-year streak of having a nasty insect-bite coincide with a national
championship race (bee sting on my eye at outdoor NCAA’s in 2021 and poisonous
spider-bite on the morning of 2021 NCAA XC’s). Hopefully this streak is not ongoing in
my pro career.
- Drake has been my top artist on Spotify wrapped for 8 years and counting.
- I’m the only runner in my entire family. Both of my brothers and my dad played/play
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming queue? The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime is fantastic
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Basketball, easily.
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Toast with peanut butter or I make these
homemade energy balls in big batches at the beginning of most weeks that are pretty
good. I store them in the fridge for quick fuel before practice.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I was
born here and just finished school and my NCAA career at NC State. Go Pack!
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… More of a general
interest from the public. The fan base is definitely growing.
Hannah joins the Summer of Miles podcast!