Rob Heppenstall | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
College: Wake Forest
Mile PR: 4:07.79
5 Things About Me: Rob Heppenstall
- I graduated from Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, which is a few hours from Raleigh
- Hometown is Hamilton, Ontario up in Canada
- I recently transitioned to the 1500m this year after being an 800m runner all through college, I need to break 4 mins in the mile still
- Random fact: I can complete a Rubik’s cube pretty quickly
- I can name most of the countries flags in the world
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming queue? Black Mirror on Netflix.
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? World Championship Darts, because the fans get the most rowdy.
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Coffee and peanut butter, of course.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? Went to the best school in NC – Wake Forest babyyy.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… I’ve noticed a massive increase in fan support due to the promotion of the sport in North America. Great to see.
Rob joins the Summer of Miles podcast!