Katie Camarena | Women’s Elite Mile
College: UC Santa Barbara, Portland State
Mile PR: 4:32.27
5 Things About Me: Katie Camarena
- I’m from San Juan Capistrano, California but I currently live in Portland, Oregon.
- I went to UC Santa Barbara for undergrad and majored in Sociology and then Portland State for graduate school where I studied Sustainable Food Systems.
- I’m trying to take the family record for the mile from my brother! (He ran 4:27)
- I think hot dogs get too much hate.
- My go-to karaoke song is Fergalicious!
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming queue? Severance on Apple TV. Blown Away on Netflix.
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? My favorite sport outside of running is Softball/Baseball. I grew up playing softball and only stopped in high school because it overlapped with Track season. My mom still plays!!
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? My go-to pre-run meal is avocado toast and eggs. Or chocolate chip pancakes!
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? My roommate from UCSB is from North Carolina and I’m going to visit her after the race!
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… more diverse media coverage and content creation as well as a growth in exposure and interest.