Meet the 2022 SWM Athletes: Yared Nuguse
Yared Nuguse | Men’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Sponsor: On Athletics Club
College: Notre Dame
Mile PR: 3:54.46
5 Things About Me: Yared Nuguse
- I studied biochemistry at the University of Notre Dame and eventually hope to attend dental school after retiring from running.
- I know very little about running, specifically other notable people in the sport. I’m just bad with names and never learned too much.
- I have a small pet tortoise named Tyro, full name Tyrosine (an amino acid I like). He loves eating and tries to nibble on fingers.
- Big fan of making art. I played violin for 10 years and have been getting back into drawing lately.
- I like playing video games, usually of the Nintendo variety.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their streaming queue? Shameless if you have a lot of time, definitely not for the kids though.
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Fencing. Not a big sport guy in general but I fenced a couple years in middle school and just enjoy watching it.
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? An hour or so before I like fruit snacks or those Gatorade chews.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I used to have a lot of flight connections in Charlotte. I kid, but not really many besides racing in Raleigh a couple times.
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… more media outlets devoted to running (more podcasts, New Gen, etc).
Yared joins the Summer of Miles podcast!
🤯 𝟑:𝟑𝟒.𝟔𝟖 🤯
We still can't wrap our minds around last night's historic 1500 by Yared Nuguse.#GoIrish☘️ pic.twitter.com/a95iWo0Fkq
— Notre Dame XC/TF (@NDXCTF) May 14, 2021
Learn more about Yared at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros