Laurie Barton (Pacer) | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
Sponsor: Brooks Beasts TC
College: Virginia Tech, Clemson
Mile PR: 4:46.24
5 Things About Me: Laurie Barton
- I ran 2 years at Virginia Tech and transferred back to my hometown to attend Clemson University
- I am one of four sisters– all of us did sports in college, and were the first generation in our family to do athletics past high school.
- I love tea –I can only enjoy the smell of coffee because I am extremely sensitive to caffeine. To get caffeinated up before races, I drink green tea shots :)
- My family and I moved to France for 3 years when I was in middle school.
- A professor at Clemson reached out to me to see if I would be interested in doing personal training sessions with her, and I have now been training her for about 3 years.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix queue? Psych is my go to on Amazon Prime.
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? Soccer and Gymnastics.
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? Gluten-Free Pancakes.
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? At Tech we would do a team bonding weekend over in Boone, NC and run up Fire Tower :’)
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… People being more vulnerable and real with their running journey–showing both the highs and lows.