Meet the 2022 SWM Athletes: Elly Henes
Elly Henes | Women’s Elite Mile
Social Media: Instagram
College: NC State
Mile PR: 4:28.12
5 Things About Me: Elly Henes
- I lived in Raleigh / Cary, NC for 22 years of my life and went to NC State for 5 years where I was coached by my Mom (go pack)
- During my last year at NC State, 2021, I won a 5K national title, exactly 30 years after my mom won the 5K title for NC State.
- In college I studied psychology and plan on continuing down that path working towards a masters in Sport Psychology to work with athletes on the mental side of athletics.
- After 22 years in North Carolina, I moved to Flagstaff, AZ where I live with my two cats and (in a few days) Hannah Steelman
- When I moved out to flagstaff I signed a contract with Adidas, meaning I didn’t have to throw away any of my clothes from college and I get the sickest gear.
5 Fast Questions
- What’s something people should add to their Netflix queue? if you haven’t watched the new season of stranger things.. get on it
- What’s your favorite sport or sporting event outside of running? I don’t really keep up with many teams or individuals outside of running but I’d say basketball and soccer are my favorite sports to watch
- What’s your go-to pre-run meal or snack? A good bagel or sandwich… or bagel sandwich is classic
- Do you have any connections to Raleigh or North Carolina? I have all the connections to Raleigh / North Carolina
- One positive change I’ve seen in the sport in the past year is… I think media attention and inside information / perspectives have really grown in the last year or so and it’s really cool to get to know athletes on a more personal level. It makes people easier to root for and relate to!
Learn more about Elly at: VIS Experience | Run with the Pros